Welcome to Hill Happenings
The place to keep up with Congressman Rohrabacher’s daily activities while in Washington, D.C. From congressional hearings to press conferences to House floor speeches, this is the place to get a dose of the day to day for Congressman Rohrabacher on Capitol Hill.
Washington, Jun 2, 2009 - ***PRESS***Catch Rep. Rohrabacher on KNX-1070AM radio in Los Angeles @ 10:20am PST discussing his upcoming speech at the 3rd International Conference on Climate Change. Portions of the interview will re-air throughout the day.
- Rep. Rohrabacher Keynotes 3rd International Conference on Climate Change, hosted by the Heartland Institute
Speech entitled “The Biggest Power Grab in History”
- Rep. Rohrabacher has been cordially invited to by President Obama and Mrs. Reagan to attend the signing ceremony of H.R. 131, an act to establish The Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission, at the White House today. The bill will create an 11 member commission with the main duties of planning, developing and carrying out activities that would honor Reagan’s 100th birthday anniversary in 2011. Rep. Rohrabacher worked closely with President Reagan in the White House as a Special Assistant to the president serving as a speechwriter for 7 years.
Wed, Jun 3
- Rep. Rohrabacher will be participating in the Congressional Tribute: Statue Dedication of President Ronald Reagan in the Capitol Rotunda
- HEARING--Science & Technology Committee Full Committee Markup of H.R. 2407, The National Climate Service Act of 2009
- Rep. Rohrabacher is scheduled to speak a press conference hosted by the Wei Jingsheng Foundation and other human rights organizations commemorating the 20th anniversary of the 1989 Chinese democracy movement massacre at Tiananmen Square by the Chinese Communist Party .
- Act for America Legislative briefing- Rep. Rohrabacher remarks on Afghanistan policy
Thursday, Jun 4
- Rep. Rohrabacher is scheduled to participate in a roundtable discussion at the National Business Council of Asian American Business Associations (NCAABA)
- HEARING--Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia, The Pacific, and The Global Environment. Topic: Agent Orange: What Efforts Are Being Made to Address the Continuing Impact of Dioxin in Vietnam?