Service Academy Nominations
Service Academy nominations:
One of the many privileges I have as your Representative is the responsibility to nominate young women and men in the 48th Congressional District who wish to apply for admission to one of the four United States service academies: The United States Military Academy at West Point, NY, the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis, MD, the United States Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, CO, and the United States Merchant Marine Academy at King’s Point, NY.
Many talented and motivated junior and senior high school students seek nominations each year and the process is extremely competitive. I encourage interested students to educate themselves about the academies and the nomination/application process well in advance of deadlines.
To qualify for acceptance to a Service Academy, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A United States citizen and a legal resident of the State of California.
- At least 17 years old, but not older than 23 on July 1st of the year they will enter the academy.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent education achievement.
- Have earned high academic standing.
- Have actively participated in extracurricular and/or community service which require leadership ability.
- Have earned competitive scores on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Please contact my nominations coordinator, Constance Towers, at 714-960-6483 or email@example.com for 2017 program information.