Help with a Federal Agency
One of my most important responsibilities as your Representative is to assist you if you face a problem with any Federal agency. Although I cannot overrule an agency decision, I can intercede on your behalf in order to clarify matters, seek answers to questions, and attempt to streamline your access to information through a Congressional inquiry.
The most common agencies for which I receive requests for this type of assistance include, but are not limited to:
- Social Security and Medicare (SSI)
- Veterans Administration (VA)
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
- Department of State (DOS)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
In all such cases, you must complete and privacy authorization form in compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974. This form authorizes me to contact Federal agencies on your behalf. You may access the form here, or by contacting my district office by phone, 714-960-6483.